Tweet0Share0LinkedIn0 Overview Signup for our Cartography bootcamp on online from... Read more →
ArchiCAD’s simple and intuitive approach to building information modeling makes it the perfect tool for a fast and easy implementation. Up and Running with ArchiCAD opens the doors of ArchiCAD—and BIM—to architects and students of all levels.
What you’ll learn
ARCHICAD is an architecture program using BIM technology (Building Information Modeling). The BIM concept is based on the use of 3D modeling with construction information, which generate automatic drawings of floor plans, sections, facades and details from the two-dimensional reading of the model.
ArchiCAD expert Fredrick shows you how to use the ArchiCAD tools needed to model, document, and publish your design. He begins with covering the interface basics, navigating your BIM model, and modeling essential architectural elements in 2D and 3D. Then he outlines how to document your design, adding sections, elevations, dimensions, and details. Finally, you’ll learn how to set up layout sheets and publish designs in common formats such as PDF and DWG. Fredrick also shows you how to export drawings to the free BIMx app for tablets and smartphones, so you can take your ArchiCAD work anywhere.
COURSE OUTLINE – Best Practices Course
• Class 1: Setting up projects, stories, and working units
• Class 2: Importing other drawings in ArchiCAD
• Class 3: Working with walls
• Class 4: Creating slabs
• Class 5: Adding windows, doors, roofs, and stairs
• Class 6: Creating zones
• Class 7: Editing sections
• Class 8: Setting up drawing dimensions
• Class 9: Working with the pen set
• Class 10: Adding views and schedules
• Class 11: Publishing ArchiCAD projects
Download a Simple draft of the complete Residential plan below;